Friday 6 September 2019

Statement of Intent

Statement of intent

Music video


For my music video I intend to create a story-line based music video for a pop song made for a fun loving audience. It will be used to appeal to the target demographic of 16-25 year olds in the experiencers, strivers, and believers to make it as broad as possible and meet the brief of a fun loving audience. The story-line will link to the song and reflect the message of the song. To achieve this I will use mise-en-scene of a bedroom that reflects my first character as sophisticated and tidy, but keeping them young and relatable with the decor. However i will use a darker filter to separate present day to the flashbacks. They will be wearing casual clothes, but smarter then most youth. My other character will be less well dressed but still presentable as I don't want them to be binary opposites but I also don't want them to be the same. I will present this mainly through their fashion style. Because of my song choice, the theme will stick to a romantic story between two young adults and to stay away from stereotypes, they will both be girls. This not only represents the LGBTQ+, an under represented group, but also breaks stereotypes on what a love story usually is.

I plan on using lots of different locations throughout the video. This is because it will show the depth of the relationship between my characters as they will go on dates. One of these locations will be a small cafe, and the characters will be sat opposite with a milkshake between them. This will be a relatable date to my audience, offering personal identity, as it is a) romantic and b) affordable for young people. I plan on having another location of a field within Croft. This again will be a date for my characters and will be an intimate scene to show the love between them. I want to use a range of locations to keep the video fresh and upbeat to fit with with the brief of fun loving. I would like my video to stick with have a narrative of a couple who break up but have flashbacks throughout the video and end up getting back together, re-establishing the new equilibrium.
The photo to the left is proof of me asking permission to use the song 'Tough' by Lewis Capaldi.








The website

For my website I plan on keeping my theme modern and stylish by using simplistic colours like greys and whites. I'll add a few splashes of brighter colours such as blue green as when asking my target audience what colour they think of when they hear solstice, that was what they said. I'm choosing this colour palette because it's suitable for the target audience of young.

On the homepage, I will immediately promote my music video and the artist to catch the eye of my audience and invite them to watch the video. I would like to take photos of my artist, who won't be featured in my music video, to promote him and let my audience know what he looks like. I will keep the photo shoot in the same theme of simplistic and modern by having a mixture of plain backgrounds and locations from the music video to create a link between the two.

Production company logo. I will have this on the homepage of my website to promote my company. It's simplistic which matches the theme of my website and will hopefully be easy for my audience to remember.

I am going to add an interview with my artist on why he did the music video like he did so he can interact with his audience and helps them get to know him as a person . It also helps them know his face as he isn't featured in the video. In this he will be asked questions on why he supports LGBTQ+ which showcases his interests in equality and gender politics.

At the bottom of said video there will be an option to ask questions on my website to allow even more audience interactions and gives them the option for him to elaborate the answers they're interested in.

The links

I want to keep my website and video quite different to each other as the website is more a promotion for the artist and my production company, whereas the video is promoting just the song. i do want ot keep them both fresh and fun loving to meet the brief and i think what i have planned will fit this and keep my target audience engaged with the artist and music video.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Website

https://iamimogenangus.wixsite.com/solstice